Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Look in the Notebook

And now for another look inside my not so elusive green notebook.

This is one of my collage pages, images I have collected from a variety of sources: magazines, books, newspapers, online, wherever!
In case you were wondering exactly what some of these images are, here are some more details:

  • From Ripley's Believe It or Not, a guy who can suck in his entire stomach. I just thought this was such a freaky looking image.  I love it!
  • Coke and Pepsi from a tshirt ad.  They seem at harmony in this image, if only they could get along like this in real life.
  • The state flag of NJ.  Nothing like state pride!
  • A poster from an Elvis movie.  Not that I've seen it.  I just thought Elvis singing in Hawaii was a pretty funny concept for an actual movie.
  • A side portrait of an old lady.  You don't see many photos like this.  It truly shows beauty at any age.
  • A picture of Condoleezza Rice from Time after I met her my freshman year at Drew University. I forget what I asked her, but she answered my question in front of everyone, and I felt like such a big shot.
  • A jar of pickles from one of my mom's lady magazines.  I love how they just kind of float in the jar.
  • My favorite commercial mascot, the Geico Gecko.  But I just love anything Australian.
  • Warhol's Campbell Soup Can.  
  • A vintage photo of Michael Jackson and Sean Lennon.  So cool!
  • Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum's Bromantic Entertainment Weekly cover
  • The White Stripes.  I have realized I have a photo of something having to do with Jack White on just about every page.  I am wayyy obsessed with his music!
  • Amy Pohler and Tina Fey before hosting the Golden Globes.  These are two of my favorite entertainers and role models.
  • A photo of a real owl I saw in a '91 issue of National Geographic (another flea market find) .  The owl looks stuffed but is real.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...