Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday Interview Time!

Hi All,
Happy Monday! Today, an interview with Aisha Jones. Enjoy!

1. How did you come up with the idea for the Haute Wheel web series?
The inspiration for this was Hot Wheel cars. I thought ,Hot Wheel – Haute Wheel, that is funny. Then I got the idea that should be a wheel that spins like on Wheel of Fortune or the Price is Right and the rest of the concept just developed on its own.

2. Do you believe Hi-Lo dressing is something everyone can do? Even people with limited budgets?
Absolutely. You don’t have to have everything in your wardrobe be designer, you just need a few pieces that you mix in with your regular clothes. And the Haute Wheel series shows you how to do that and how to get great deals on these designer pieces by shopping on ebay or at outlets or using certain websites and apps.

3. What was your first designer item?
I’m not really sure. I remember when I graduated from grad school my Aunt took me to the Dillard’s department store and bought me a $500 Coach purse. That was probably the most expensive thing I owned at the time.

4. Do you have a favorite designer?
Uuuugh. I hate this question I have way to many. I will say for gown my favorite is Elie Saab. Every time I see one of his gowns it is like I got shot with cupid’s arrow. It is an actual physical reaction I have to his designs.

5. What do you say to people who say they don’t have the time or patience for bargain shopping?
I completely understand. I have to be in the right frame of mind to bargain shop, so for those of you that never reach that frame of mind… don’t go bargain shopping.

6. What is your favorite episode of the Haute Wheel web series?
Episode 5, the one about membership sites and Gilt. I fell in love with the site. It was considered business research when I bought items off of there.

7. What is your best tip for scoring amazing deals on designer items?
You need to first believe you are the type of woman that can wear these type of clothes and own these type of pieces. This will open you to the possibility and you will start finding out that hey, some of this stuff I can afford.

8. Why should someone watch the Haute Wheel web series?
Even if you think you are not the type of woman that would wear designer clothing, just watch the series and do the scavenger hunt exercise. It is fun and I promise you it will open up a whole new world. It will be really funny when you start incorporating these pieces and people will think you got a raise or a new job, but really you just learned to shop smarter.

9. How can someone find this web series?
You can follow along on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/PlainJaneQuiz or on my blog at www.AishaJones.com

10. Who is this web series for?
This series is for women who want to learn how to dress better and shop smarter, but don’t know how to do it. Download the scavenger hunt and have fun and you’ll learn how to shop for these pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...