Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Interview with Laura at Steel Design Solutions

I had the pleasure of interviewing Laura Pierson, Director of eCommerce at Steel Design Studios.  Like me, she started out as a freelancer and has seen her career grow from there...




Me: Tell me how you came to work for Steel Design Solutions?
Laura: I started working with Steel Design Solutions as a freelancer in May of last year. At the time, I was just doing a little on-the-side web design work while I focused on finishing up my bachelors in web development. You never know when a small freelance gig will turn into something much more.

Me: That is so true! I myself started out freelancing when I was in high school, and it really does open a lot of doors. So do you know how long has Steel Design Solutions been in business?
Laura: We're still a relatively young company — just over a year old now. We're excited about our second year in business, as we plan to expand our product line and keep up the steady growth we've been seeing.

Me: What makes Steel Design Solutions special?
Laura: What I think really makes Steel Design Solutions special is the level of personal service our team provides to our customers. We're glad to look over a customer's kitchen design plans and figure out which size and number of brackets would best support their countertop. We definitely follow the "treat others how you'd want to be treated" motto with our customers.

Me: You make all your products in the US. Why is that important?
Laura: Our products are made in USA for a number of reasons, but the most important of which is to keep jobs here in America. Sure it might cost a little more, but it pays off for everyone. 

Me: OK, so fun question. You are located in Florida…I haven’t been there since 2000. How amazing is it to have nice warm weather and not heavy snow and freezing temperatures like we are currently having in New Jersey?
Laura: I wish I could tell you! Although we're headquartered in warm, sunny Florida, our team is spread out across the country. I actually work remotely from Michigan. Snow and freezing temperatures — that sums up Michigan weather, too. Hopefully we have another team meeting soon. I miss sunshine!

Me: Why is it important for people to shop small?
Laura: Shopping small boosts the local economy. When you buy from a small business, you know a good portion of that money is then going to be spent locally. Also, you're not just an order number when you do business with small companies. We love hearing how our customers' kitchens turned out!

Thank you so much for the awesome interview, Laura. 

Readers, be sure to check out SteelDesignSolutions.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...