Sunday, February 12, 2017

Interview with Sachin Narode, Founder of Xeniapp

I had the pleasure of interviewing Sachin Narode, Founder of Xeniapp, a really cool startup that allows you to travel like a native...I was just talking about how I want to travel even more, and this may just be the push that I needed to make it happen...

I interviewed Sachin, because he is a startup entrepreneur (much like myself), and his business is one that can really help people to be travellers rather than tourists, which means that your trip will be that much more educational and worthwhile.

Me: Hi, you have such a cool startup. What inspired you to start it?
Sachin: In 2012, I was traveling to Beijing, China for a conference. I wanted to explore and enjoy the city like locals. Unfortunately, I fell to local tourist traps. I hated the experience also my phone died on me and language was the barrier to communicate. I thought if there was an app like Uber – With the touch of button you can browse locals speaking same language and willing to show you around on my budget and my availability.


Why is traveling important?
I am not sure if I fully know the answer of that – I will still try.
Traveling has opened a lot of opportunities for me. I see that if would have not dared to travel I would have lived with a very limited view of the world.
Traveling places enabled me to see the perfections and imperfections in the world. It really opened my mind. I felt alive I felt close to myself.
I like seashore and mountains and there are so many of them on my bucket list. I also feel it’s important to travel like a local not like a tourist.
For me this world is a full of mysteries and exploring those mysteries is an essence of my spirit.
My favorite quote - “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert

What’s the difference between being a traveler and a tourist?
According to me, the most important difference is a mindset. A traveler is a mindset which tourist fail to see.
a traveler has a story to tell. Travelers are explorer they don’t travel to go anywhere but they take the journey for a great affair. I feel traveler travels not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
Tourist – For them they take trips. I just feel being a tourist is something like seeing the world through the window of Marketing companies.

You are based in New York, but tell me about some of the places that users can travel to with your app?
 We launched the website two months ago. We are currently experiencing a lot of interests from the users from all over the world.
We can especially provide services in entire -  United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, India, Nepal, UAE, [Soon we will be connecting with locals in Europe].

Where is your favorite place you have ever traveled?
 A road trip to Leh and Ladakh in Himalayas, India. (Here are some photos from it...)



You can visit the website here www.xeniapp.com and book your experience as a traveler. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...