Monday, July 11, 2016

Interview with Scott Nailon

Today, I had the pleasure of interviewing Scott Nailon, creator of  www.TheArnoldCollection.com.

My Neon Green Notebook: Hi Scott! Thanks for joining me today! So tell me about the idea behind your website, www.TheArnoldCollection.com..
Scott Nailon: My father was Arnold Schwarzenegger's photographer and friend in the 1970's - they spent a lot of time together.
HE has passed on his photo collection to me and I have decided to start publishing the photos for the world to see.

MNGN: What motivated you to start your online businesses? 
My father got very sick a while back and we nearly lost him to heart complications, it caused me to do a lot of reflecting and once he was on the mend I was relieved and wanted to do something great for him.

One day I was sitting with him in conversation and he said something I never thought I would hear from him, he gave me permission to do what ever I like with his photo collection. I almost did a backflip with excitement!

I decided then and there I was going to give my best to make his legacy known and use his artistry to honour his part in the promotion of Australian Bodybuilding. Unlike some greed driven characters on the scene my father never tried to profit from his passion - he just gave and gave. 

My aim with The Arnold Collection is to make a good amount of profit on sales, enough to launch a book of my dads best work, do an exhibition in Australia, USA and other places and also to buy my father a 1963 Split Window Corvette (His Favourite). My father is a very unique person who has won the hearts of MANY Australian Bodybuilders since the 1970's, he always treated people the same - whether you were Mr Olympia or a new guy travelling from Malta who knew no one - he would welcome you and treat you like royalty!

MNGN: What is the most fun story about Schwarzenegger you have heard?

Oh! I have a bunch of funny Arnold stories, there are a few I wont tell on the threat of death (from my father) and a few that I have put out on the blog on my website. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a funny guy.

MNGN: Which is your favorite photo? My Favourite photo of Arnold would be the one of him at his desk, feet up on the telephone. I love it because it is rare but really captures a moment. Everyone is into his posing shots - but I like to see natural in the moment type of photos.


Bonus question: How is your Schwarzenegger impression? 

As for Arnold impersonations, I cant stand them! I have seen my dad do some funny ones, but then he does them of all the greatest Hollywood stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...