Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sergeant Pepper and Gurus

I was listening to Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts yesterday. The album cover has interested me since I was a little kid. It's so iconic. I love collages, pop culture, bright colors, and the human face.
The cover so perfectly combines all those components.

But I never actually took the time to figure out exactly who each person on the cover was. I did some research. Most are artists and actors, but some are gurus and there's even a psychiatrist on there. So of course I did what any reasonable person would and wrote up a list of who I would put on my own version of the cover, using the same guidelines that they did.

This would include writers like Chuck Palahniuk and Rod Serling, comedians like David Cross, Bo Burnham, and George Carlin, artists like Jack White, David Fincher, and St. Vincent, actors like Meryl Streep and Kevin Spacey, icons like Elle Woods and Billy the Puppet, child stars like Dakota Fanning, and gurus like Maya Angelou and of course my mom...the list has dozens more (as many as are on the original cover plus symbols).

The goal is to get artistic enough to actually create a mock-up...because this is the sort of odd-ball creativity I enjoy in my free time!


Now, speaking of gurus...you folks have got to check out my friends at Pressure Cooker Gurus! They provide expert advice about pressure cookers. Take it from me, they're the most comprehensive out there. Really awesome site. So check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...