Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Just Say 'No' to Matching Socks

Little known fact about me: I never match my socks. It's boring to have matching socks, and I see no purpose.

I pride myself on getting adorable socks. Socks of all colors. Socks with monkeys on them. And pandas. Socks with hearts, rainbows, and peace signs. When I go to the mall, Five Below, Target, or even on Amazon you can bet I will be picking up some funky socks, and you can be sure that I will never wear both at the same time. I will wear the fuzzy puppy socks with the striped yellow and green ones. Or the Coca Cola socks with the wintery snowflake ones.


When they're in my shoes, no one knows. Why would they? The only people who were wise to my little sock eccentricity were those closest to me who'd see me walking around home with a cupcake on one foot and a blue sun on the other.

'Why?' They always ask, ready for me to defend myself. Instead, I say 'Why not?Who instituted this matching sock rule, and why are we all so brainwashed to not only follow it but to not even realize that wearing 'mismatched' socks is an option?

See my little sock story here has a bigger point, and that point is that you should not be afraid to be different or to question norms and go your own way. Because if some people don't even question their socks, what else are they missing out on?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...