Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Awaken Your Creativity!

I keep my favorites in my notebook and use them when I feel like creative writing, whether it’s a story or a song. Most have elements of learning about yourself while also relating to society at large that can influence your work.None have simple answers.


Here are some of my personal favorites to get you thinking:


  • What would you do if you could travel twenty years into your own future and live there for one day? This can be about your ideal self, your predicted self, or even the future in general. Just keep writing. 
  • It started out as an unusual Monday morning, when… This can be fictitious (sounds like a good sci-fi start) or even an odd memory you have. 
  • What would people say about me at my funeral?  While this may seem morbid at first glance, it is really an exploration of yourself and what you would want to be remembered for. 
  • What stands between me and complete happiness?  When we answer this, we often find that life is a lot simpler than it seems. 
  • The biggest issue that plagues society is…  This may get political or it could be an exploration of the issues you personally face daily and how you would want to change them. 
  • How old would I be if I didn’t know my age? Why?  People often called me mature as a child, an old soul. So I know my age would be much older than I actually am. Most of us act differently than our birth age. This is another questions that fits into the realms of what makes you who you are. 
  • What sounds or scents do I love? Describe them.  Sounds and smells are among the hardest to describe. Really challenge yourself with this one so a reader would be able to hear or smell what you are describing in their head.


I offer many more tips in my book Writing for the New Generation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...