Monday, October 12, 2015

Twenty-two



Growing up, every year for my birthday, I would think of another character who represented my age. I didn’t even really mean to. It just felt natural when I turned four and realized I was the same age as Angelica Pickles. Then when I turned five and realized I was the same age as Julian from Big Daddy, finding another character my age just felt natural. 

When I was twelve I was Stephanie’s age in my favorite season of Full House. And at thirteen, I was Angelica Pickles age again, only this time it was her All Grown Up character. Of course at age seventeen I was Holden Caulfield, and at eighteen I was Alex Delarge’s age from the latter part of A Clockwork Orange.
 


I’ve managed to think of a character my age all these years…until now. I will be twenty-two in a few days, and I cannot think of a single twenty-two year old character. The closest I can come is to Taylor Swift’s song 22, which means I now have one more thing in common with Jake Gyllenhaal and John Mayer than I thought.
 
Well, I guess this is goodbye Forever 21, and hello double two. Hmmmm...has a pretty nice ring to it after all.  
'   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...