Thursday, July 14, 2016

Interview with Kyle Grazian

Today I had the pleasure of interviewing Kyle Grazian, owner of Northwest-movers.com, the highest rated moving company in Oregon. Anyone who knows me understands how deeply I admire entrepreneurs.

Here's the interview:

Morissa: Tell me about your business, how it was started, and how you got into the industry.
Kyle: We were founded in 2011 by myself, Kyle Graziani. I was a junior at the time at Portland State university, majoring in business administration. I worked part time for another moving company in town for about 8-9 months prior to starting northwest movers.

I took notice that the customer service provided was sub par at best. I knew I could provide a better physical service, with top of the line customer service. I had a fairly large check bounce from the moving company I had worked for. This was the nail in the coffin, but I'm glad it happened as it pushed me towards building Northwest movers.

During the first two years, I couldn't focus my sole attention on the company. We started as a pack and load company, and mainly advertised on Craig's list. Upon graduation I was able to put my attention towards northwest movers. The first three years were primarily spent building the brand, and reputation. It wasn't until midway through 2014 where we really took off.

Have you always been from Oregon?
I was born in Portland, however I moved back and forth between Oregon and California several time while I was a young child. My parents were from California, so we spent a few years in Sacramento. I have since been in Portland permanently from the age of 11.

How has the internet changed your business?
The Internet is the focal point of our business. Without the internet, we would cease to exist. It's that simple. The millaniol generation has changed the entrepreneurial game considerably . While word of mouth is still a focal point for most businesses, it has easily taken a back seat to the Internet. 85% of consumers check online for feedback before they make a purchase. This makes platforms like Yelp, Google, and Angie's list extremely valuable for small businesses, especially those in the service industry.

What is your personal philosophy on running a successful business?
All in all, it boils down to taking care of your clients. Not one business in this world is perfect. Our philosophy is to not leave any customer unsatisfied. Like I mentioned earlier, no one is perfect. It's how you act and respond in the not so perfect moments. Do not turn a blind eye to those who are unsatisfied. Go out of your way to make each and every one satisfied with the service provided.

Why is making your customers happy so important to you?
Customers make or break your business. Especially with social media and today's online presence for small businesses. Not taking care of your customers will have you in the sinking in the deep end. 

Thank you, Kyle! Be sure to check out his company, Northwest-movers.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...