Wednesday, September 27, 2017

My Struggle with Lyme and How I Started Using Mysseuse


Around age 11, I began experiencing a great deal of pain and lethargy. I was an extremely active child, so the persistent pain greatly affected my life. My joints were sore and cracking like an old woman! Doctor after doctor claimed that I was faking it or gave various excuses like a heavy backpack or growing pains. After visiting about fifteen doctors, I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease. Not many people knew the symptoms of Lyme Disease or know about it at all; unfortunately, this is still the case even now.


I wrote to my favorite magazine at the time called “Discovery Girls” about my experiences with Lyme Disease, and my article was published! The editor described my article as the most well-written submission she’d seen, and many girls reached out to me about how inspired they were by my article. Out of my negative situation, I made the amazing realization that I make an impact with my writing and encouraged me to pursue writing even more diligently.

Lyme Disease cannot be cured, but I have been treated for it. I am generally a lot better though I suffer from chronic pain or Fibromyalgia. I avoid taking pills for the pain, so massages are an excellent way for me to find relief. The Mysseuse is excellent for easing my pain at home. It can be easily mounted to a wall and can act as a hanger when you aren’t using it as a massager. My favorite part is that the massage ball is easily height-adjustable, making it great for pain or tension in any part of your back. The Mysseuse is self-guided, so you can personalize the amount of pressure you need. Some people use tennis balls in a similar way, but the Mysseuse is much more reliable and sturdy because it is adjustable and designed to be mounted. I love giving myself a nice massage right before bed or before getting dressed. I highly recommend it for others with Fibromyalgia or back tension of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...