Friday, July 25, 2014

Notable Quotables

In honor of my thirtieth post, I bring you three of my favorite quotes:

"The world owes you nothing.  It was here first." That sounds a little "Doctor Seuss" to me, but Twain said it.
                                                               Remember these books?

This one is a Charles Bukowski quote that has been hauntingly comforting for years, "The problem with this world is that the intelligent people are so full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence."
Speaking, or I should say writing, of Bukowski, there is a movie about him that has been on my Netflix queue for a year now, and I still haven't watched it.  Has anyone seen it?


And finally, a gem by Marlene Dietrich that pretty much sums up how I feel about quotes, "I love quotations, because it's a joy to find the thoughts one might have expressed with much authority by someone recognized as wiser than oneself."

Someone looks like they got plastic surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...