Sunday, July 27, 2014

Palindrones!

So, I love paraprosdokians, anagrams, palindromes...basically anything that is fun and messes with the English language.  I keep lists of my favorites.

Here are some of my top favorite palindromes.

  • Madam, I'm Adam.  It's a palindrome that rhymes!  I am in love with this sentence!
  • He did, eh?  I have come to realize I really like the word "eh" in literature.  It can convey uneasiness and sarcasm perfectly.  "What's it gonna be then, eh?"
  • Nurses run.  A funny visual: nurses in those old timey uniforms with their high heels clonking as they take off.
  • Massive Levis, Sam.  This one was in Demitri Martin's book...a pretty cold way of telling "Sam" he's fat, I would assume.
  • Never odd or even.  This one is just too clever for its own good.
  • Step on no pets.  I wouldn't think you'd need to be reminded of this, but while we're at it, you also shouldn't step on people or animals in general.
  • Too bad I hid a boot.  Don't you just hate it when you lose a shoe?
  • No music is, um, on.  This happens to me almost everyday when I forget to plug in my earbuds. Common sense just can't be learned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...