Friday, July 18, 2014

The Quote that Follows Me

You know, there are some quotes that just seem to follow you. You hear it often, even though it's not a cliche or well-known.
Abbie Hoffman's "Free Speech is the right to yell theater in a crowded fire," is a favorite.  I love that quote in all its brilliance.  It's funny while proving a point, the best kind of comedy, in my opinion.
So, I picked up an old Laurie Anderson book a few weeks ago at a local library book sale after hearing Oh, Superman and thinking it was the epitome of 90s alternative coolness. Sure enough, there it was, Laurie included Mr. Hoffman's crowded fire quote, possibly one of the most random places one would think to find this quote.  And that is how I know it is true...this quote is following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Brad Green on the GenZ Podcast

Listen to this exciting GenZ Podcast interview with restauranteur, Brad Green. Learn more about Brad Green at MrBradGreen.com . Filed und...